Sunday, May 24, 2009

Traveling with the Stars

Last Tuesday night Josh and I left Paris destined for Madrid (791 km), on a Trainhotel.  It was a 13.5 hour trip!  Luckily we had a private compartment with two beds that folded out of the wall. Our little room (about 4x6) had an outlet, so we were able to watch a movie before going to bed. I wasn't able to sleep very well on the train; it was noisy, and I fell like I was going to roll out of bed (I didn't!)  Breakfast was included with our ticket, so when we woke up in the morning we had some toast, coffee, and juice.  Eating at the train bar, we met some guys from Florida.  It's always nice to talk to fellow Americans.  When we arrived in Madrid, it was really easy to get to our hostel because the metro station was connected.  We're now safely settled in and exploring the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment